2 more days, just 2 more days there will be Bersih 3.0 rally happening in KL. If you don’t know what is Bersih all about, you can go to Bersih official website to read all about it. What this none government organization do is helps the Malaysian people to demanding for fair, free and clean elections. It’s been many years since the Bersih 1.0 (10 Nov 2007) and Bersih 2.0 (9 July 2011), and we did not see any substantial changes to our electoral system. I think we have gave enough time to our current government (BN – Barisan National), and yet they don’t take our people demand seriously.
The previous Bersih 2.0 8 demands are
- A thorough review of the electoral roll
- Reforms to the postal balloting process
- Marking voters who have cast their ballots with indelible ink
- A minimum 21 day campaign period
- Equitable access to media by participating parties
- Strengthen institutions which enforces election laws
- Eradicating electoral bribery
- Putting a stop to dirty politics.
Malaysian Police force, and the government declaring Bersih rally as illegal and threaten the people to join. The DBKL, Kuala Lumpur Mayor Ahmad Fuad Ismail warn the people who support Bersih 3.0 at Saturday (28 April 2012) Dataran Merdeka sit-in will face the same action taken against activists who occupied the venue recently (link). The activists that he referring to are a group of students from university calling for free tertiary education and an end to Barisan Nasional (BN) rule (link).
- Central Market : start: 13:30
- Masjid Negara : start: 13:30
- Jalan Sultan : start: 13:30
- Masjid India : start: 13:30
- Brickfields, start: 12:30
- KLCC – Himpunan Hijau, start: 12:00
- NGO-leaders will lead the groups from the meeting points to Dataran.
Above are the meeting points of Bersih 3.0 rally, I am not sure how are they going to rally toward Dataran Merdeka, because the news just out (link) saying DBKL is lock down Dataran Merdeka for 2 days. Another news, our Malaysian Minister of Home Affairs Hishammuddin Hussein warning the people Cops will act if Bersih rally at Dataran (link).
Things seriously get interesting now…